When I started my old blog in April 2007, I had these visions of looking back in 5 years time at what I had written and re-living life at 21. It didn't occur to me that, in the same way I've never been able to keep one diary for more than a couple of years, I wouldn't be able to continue posting on a blog created by an infinitely younger, more annoying version of myself. So here I am, on blog #2.
Your author is 22, living at home with (brace yourself): one mother, two brothers, two sisters, one maybe-sometime-soon brother-in-law, two nieces and one nephew. Thank God no pets are allowed. Last year I split up with my then boyfriend of 4 years, fell apart then fell in love with a horribly unsuitable character whilst on the rebound, dated half of London using all available dating mediums and then met a boy called James with whom I will be travelling to Rome in about 5 weeks to celebrate the anniversary of our first date :). I think that counts as a backstory. It may not be as emotional as the ones frequently featured on X Factor (i'm sorry my wife didn't die whilst giving birth to our daughter, i'm sorry I know where the Bahamas are on a map and I'm sorry that Louis Walsh didn't reject me three years - an experience which would, of course, have made me 'stronger' and 'ready for this') but "I hope I've done enough". Alright, I'm a reluctant X Factor fan. I reckon the final 3 should be Austin "fit as f*ck" Drage, Diana Vickers and JLS. Laura (aka Laaaaaaara) is a bit wailey and Alexandra is a bit predictable. James and I have a Sunday morning X Factor Ritual that involves screaming at www.itv.co.uk to get with the programme and allow shows to stream properly and eventually giving up and just watching each performance (plus judge's comments of course) on YouTube. No, it's not sad at all!
You'll be pleased to know I'm blogging from work. I'm a corporate paralegal at a pretty sexy international law firm until May next year and will start my training contract at another law firm in September 2009. Those of you in the legal world will know full well what it means to finally get a TC. I would liken it to giving birth with the exception that your 'baby' allows you to charge your fees in 6 minute units and generally makes you money as opposed to bleeds you dry. The one downside of work though are the security settings and internet policies - no facebook (which I suppose isn't such a loss), ebay, YouTube ... If anyone had told me I wouldn't be able to faff about on the internet for 50% of my working day I don't know if I would have bothered with all the sleepless nights at uni and law school. The only 'fun' thing I can access is Rollonfriday but it's proving to be very good at distracting me from the work I'm paid to do.
p.s. I love the Transport for London Art on the Underground project. "Off to work 8:15am (Nylon Uniform)" is another of my favourite along with "Looking Back the Way We Had Come".
How are you
9 years ago
5 comments:
helloooo
can i please just tell you that i laughed so hard i was crying when i read #10 on your list! i think that's the funniest thing ever!
I just read in the side bar that you wear hair extensions. Hair extensions! GAH! Oh Ella, that changes everything.
;-)
Blue - hellooooo! You were the first to comment on my new blog!
CJ - I know, I had a twisted mind when I was younger. I thought "I like boys, why not?". Tut tut to myself!
Jo - I can't stop with the hair extensions, it's gross but I accept it as a weakness. At least I no longer have them so long I can sit on them, they are now more to give my hair volume! Excuses, excuses, I knoooow!
Can you explain the "going to work 8:15am (nylon uniform)" thing, please?
I just don't get it.
Post a Comment