Rome was amazing! We visited all the old ruins and even attended a papal address at the Vatican. We tried to climb to the top of St Peter's Basilica but James, bless him, felt faint half-way up and we had to come back down, passing old ladies headed to the top. I must say, I do feel a bit smug that I spent a whole 5 days with James and not only didn't want to kill him but still love him. It was definately a brilliant way to celebrate the anniversary of the date we first met - can't believe it's been a year already AND haven't got a clue what to do next year to top this! But, as always, you get what you pay for with budget airlines. On the way back we had boarded the plane when, after about 30 minutes, we were asked to get off again because there was a problem with the engine (why did it take so long for them to spot this??). The flight was delayed SIX HOURS and anyone who has been to Ciampino knows that after reading 3 magazines, playing rock paper scissors and 'I spy', there is nothing to do there for six hours. I will NEVER EVER fly with them again (I know I said that last time).
1 comment:
:) I'm so jealous!!! Well done you. You;ve come a long way since Derek and university.
Enjoy being happy :)
Post a Comment