Friday, 17 April 2009

A real post

I've been thinking about why I don't really blog anymore. Why I don't feel like I have anything interesting to say. I think it's because despite being skint, soon-to-be unemployed and incredibly stressed about work and travel plans, I am actually happy. It's quite possible that I have become a victim of Eastenders syndrome - so used to high drama, infidelity and a disastrous love life that anything 'normal' seems boring and waste of good ink (or webspace).

For the moment I am content to live vicariously through my friends. My best friend, Nancy, shared a kiss with her boss after a work function. They talked about it afterwards and decided that a relationship at work would adversely affect the dynamics in their close-knit team. Fair enough. Believing that things were now all back to 'normal' between them she went on a lunch date with a banker she met at the work function. Since her boss found out about the lunch date he has completely ignored her and when he has spoken to her, he has been strictly professional (which is rather unusual given that the previous week they had been hiding each others shoes at work). Which led to us both wondering over drinks what the hell was up with him. We concluded that he doesn't want her but also doesn't want anyone else to have her. In other words, he is a typical conflicted man. Even with me out of the dating game it appears as though men never change.

2 comments:

Soup said...

Hey there - nice to hear from you. Sometimes people take a natural blogging hiatus... it's just life :) xx

Ella said...

Hey yourself :) It's good to be back, even if it turns out to only be for a little while. xx