Tuesday, 18 November 2008

Bon Iver

I have spent the last week listening to Bon Iver's For Emma Forever Ago. Emotional as f*ck doesn't describe it. Bon Iver broke up with his girlfriend and he was so affected he left his home, his friends and band to live in a cabin in the woods for several months. Whilst there he wrote For Emma. I have never heard heartbreak articulated so well. It makes me want to cry because it takes me right back to the time when I broke up with Derek last year. Lyrics like "Someday my pain will mark you" and "Solace my game, it stars you" (The Wolves Act I and II) for some reason just cut right through me. He's playing at the Victoria Apollo for one night only in December. I've bought the tickets for James as a Christmas present (he intro'd me to it).

1 comment:

Time Traveller said...

Thank you for introducing me to this. It became part of the theme song to my holiday. Tokyo wouldn't have been the same with it. xxx

Beautiful indeed.