Monday, 3 November 2008

Thrifty Living

I never seem to have any money. This is real bad as I want to travel next summer, and apparantly, this requires money. After googling "make money fast - legal", I hit on the ebay idea. I have started selling all the crap my ex gave me: brand new boots that were too high, a watch that I can't wear anymore, another pair of boots that were too big, a cape I would never have worn, gold cuff links he left on my drawer and so on. (The fact that so many of the ex's presents lay unworn/untouched shows just how little he knew me!). I now have a rule: if I want to buy something, I have to sell something first to cover the cost. It's working brilliantly! I've made £60 in two weeks. Why oh why did I never think of ebay before?

Another money-making idea I came up with is car boot sales. I used to love these when I was little. Of course when I was little I wasn't nursing a hangover on Sunday morning and was happy to be up at the crack of dawn. But still, it's a great way to clear out your house. Over dinner, I asked my mother if I could clear out her closet. She almost fainted at the offer but quickly came around again when I told her I wanted to sell the stuff I clear out!

Of course, all my efforts were ruined when I discovered a receipt for £40 worth of cocktails tucked into my jeans from Saturday night.

Any other money-making ideas welcome.

4 comments:

Cleopatra Jones said...

I've totally made money selling things on ebay. That and selling books. That's always been a good way to make some quick cash.

Please Don't Eat With Your Mouth Open said...

I got on the ebay thing for a while, and ages ago clothes used to sell really well. But then everything just went for 99p and the listing fees seemed to mount up. I've put loads of stuff together for a carboot before but never got round to going. Early starts aren't my thing! There's always odd jobs around the house if your living at home..

Ella said...

CJ - I'm thinking of selling books too. Damn, soon i'll have nothing left.

Jo - I'm allergic to housework. Washing up brings me out in a horrible rash.

TabbyT said...

I swear by eBay! I paid for my ibiza holiday selling stuff on there. Started with my clothes that i was fed up of (doing this means you effectivly get a discount on eveything you wear). then i started buying £2 sunglasses from Primark and selling them on and people were bidding up to £6 sometimes more, and i made another £200 that way. Good luck!