I have an obsession with cupcakes*. Having ruined James' surprise birthday party by telling him all about it I have decided that everything will be okay if I bake the perfect cupcakes. I have spent the last few nights pouring over Delia's, the BBC's and Good Living's cupcake recipes. In the name of research, I even watched Nigella's Express Bites on BBC 2. If ever there was a woman who harboured a secret p*rn star past and occasionally reverted to her old ways whilst filming a cookery programme, that woman's name is Nigella Lawson. Every time I watch her take a bite of one of her sugary creations and whisper in her dulcet tones "yes, that's hit the spot" I get such strong visual images of a bunch of w*nking foodies squirting all over their TV screens. Back to cupcakes. Armed with my brand new John Lewis piping set, food colouring and more cream cheese frosting that you could shake a stick at, I have decided to bake the following:

If this doesn't make him love me again, nothing will. I say that but you and me both know that I will be writing a post on Sunday morning complaining about how James stuffed them in his mouth without a second glance at my carefully piped, pastel coloured, crystal topped creations.
*Fairy cake to you and me but apparently the term 'fairy cake' is no longer in common usage and has been replaced by the American 'cupcake'. 'Pah' I hear you say.
3 comments:
(pssst. by the way. if they turn out rubbish, try the Hummingbird Bakery in portobello road. Yum. they do amazing cup cakes. Last week I had one with a marshmallow duck on it)
"...but you and me both know that I will be writing a post on Sunday morning complaining about how James stuffed them in his mouth without a second glance at my carefully piped, pastel coloured, crystal topped creations."
Or a post complaining about how everyone threw them around? ;)
I love fairy cakes!
Yeah - they were so bad they were't even eaten - that hurts!
Post a Comment