It's another warm day! To celebrate I've ditched my stuffy work clothes for a bright blue dress with a little cardigan. It's so lovely outside it's almost impossible to be sad. Last night before bed I sent James a text telling him I was still upset and a bit in shock about what happened at the weekend. I then had a good cry into my pillow. I'm a strong believer in crying, better out than in. I don't know about you but when I haven't cried in a while (last time was maybe autumn of last year) there comes a point where nothing else will do and I woke up feeling better for it. James replied to my text this morning saying not to worry as arguing is just one of those things that couples do and he loves me more than ever. I still can't quite shake the feelings I talked about in my last post but hopefully they will just go away and we will get back to normal.
I have generally been feeling down in the dumps for a while now. It is all related to the stress of my contract as a paralegal being terminated a month earlier than expected because of down sizing and worrying about not having enough money to go travelling. Last week I managed to get a weekend job as a sales assistant in an opticians store, which will become full-time once my current contract finishes. I do feel like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders but because I spent so long worrying it's taking ages to actually accept that everything is going to be ok now. I just have to keep telling myself that I have a job, I'm going travelling in 7 weeks and when I get back I have a career waiting for me, so I should count my lucky stars.
P.S. I started reading Graham Norton's So Me on the way to work. It really is laugh out loud stuff!
How are you
9 years ago
3 comments:
I used to have the most hideous, pointless arguments with my ex boyfriend nearly every wednesday during our first year of going out when we were at uni. It was a combination of copious amounts of alcohol and learning about each other. The next morning and for a few days afterwards, even if it was resolved, I'd still feel like shit about it. Scared that it would change his opinion of me and he'd dump me. This feeling carried on for 3 years for me, as long as yours goes away after a week or so - I'd say you've got nothing to worry about :) x
If you went to uni in Oxford I would assume that you went to Fuzzy Ducks, a Wednesday club night that was responsible for snake-bite stained trainers, rows between couples and vomited-featured Thursday morning lectures.
I am still feling a bit shitty (it's now Thursday and we argued on Saturday night) so hopefully it all goes away in the next few days. I'm also avoiding Kings of Leon as the album isn't helping with my mood.
Nah I went to Hull, where Wednesday was Athletic Union night...snakebite was £1 a pint and doors opened for socials doing drinking games from 7pm :D
Messy. Not good for a relationship!
Post a Comment