Tuesday, 21 April 2009

Songs that make you cry

I clearly spoke too soon when I wrote my last post. James and I had our first major bust up at the weekend. It was alcohol-fueled (on his part) and there was a lot of yelling on the walk home at half past midnight. The yelling continued when we got in, woke his flatmate up and, at its height, had James grabbing bedding to sleep on the sofa and me telling him all about the surprise birthday party I had planned for him for this Saturday. We did calm down and said sorry and fell asleep but I just haven't felt the same since. I'm shaky. I'm still a bit tearful and I'm clingy. I can't believe I ruined his surprise party in the heat of the moment and I've been up until after midnight ever since looking up extra special cake recipes, party food, party music, the lot to try and make it as special for him as I possibly can. On the way home today (after spending 2 hours after work looking for a good icing piping set) I started listening to Kings of Leon, Only By Night. I've never been a major fan and have only ever really listened to a couple of songs. Sat on the train home, I listened to Cold Desert properly for the first time and it was only then I realised how lost I felt.

3 comments:

Cleopatra Jones said...

I'm sorry about the fight - I'm sure it'll all be okay and he'll appreciate all the work you put into the part.

Soup said...

Hey again hunny. It sounds like you feel meh, which you know after a barny is totally normal. I can't believe you have gone so long before your first proper bust up so well done there!

Rowing with your other half is always rubbish but most people agree that it is just part and parcel of a relationship. There are couples out there that are impossibly happy all the time, but I think they are few and far between.

Couples fall out, they have pissy days and take it out on one another (often unintentionally), as different people it's almost inevitable that you'll sometimes not see eye to eye onthings. I think the first argument always comes as a shock, but it doesn't mean it is the be all and end all!

And don't worry too much about the party and spilling the beans. It was the heat of the moment thing. You were probably feeling disgruntled that he was having a go and you''d been working so hard in the background. Don't beat yourself up. He won't hold it against you. It's the thought that was the most important thing. I have done it and it's been ok. I was arguing with Beardy once a few years ago and it turned quite nasty. I had spent the previous fortnight hunting around on the internet for a limited edition set of Oakleys (only two left in the UK) and got them sent down from Scotland. I opened my bag and threw them at him. He shut up pretty quick. I felt awful the next day... and then realised that sometimes it doesn't matter and no harm was done.

It'll be ok hun, give it some time xxx

(Incidentally, word verification is "zante" for this comment. I went there on holiday a few years ago!)

Ella said...

CJ - Yes, hopefully it will just blow over

Blue Soup - James said the same thing, that we need to be able to argue and everything still be ok with us afterwards, I just wasn't prepared for it at all. As for the party, I can't even bring myself to tell his friends that he actually knows about, hopefully the tons of cupcakes I'm going to bake will make it all alright.

Haven't yet made it to any of the Greek islands but will one day!