Tuesday, 11 November 2008

Battle of the Bulge

On the 1st of October I decided to make my New Year's resolutions early. Instead of reaching the New Year and feeling like, I have once again, not achieved the goals I set myself, I decided to start working on the resolution now. Predictably, my resolution was to hit the gym and lose half a stone. I have been going 3 times a week now and I have still not lost weight. My body fat percentage is 5% lower (yes, I know that muscle weighs more than fat) but the bloody scales still aren't shifting!! It's so frustrating that I just want to give up. I just don't understand why I can't lose 7 pounds when you constantly hear about people losing 7 stone in the same time period. What's even more annoying is that the more I think about it, the hungrier I get, the more I want a nice yummy curry.

4 comments:

Soup said...

It's easy to be disheartened - I need to lose a stone but I can't find it in me to even start because Iknow it's a tough slog.

As for the fact that some people find it easier to lose 7 stone in the space of time that you want to lose just half a stone... well, if someone has 7 stone going spare to lose, they NEED to lose it so it comes off more readily!

Chin up lovely! From your pics on Facebook, you don't NEED to lose any weight. x

Ella said...

There's no way you need to lose a stone!

I've decided to up my exercise so I'm at the gym for 40 mins every work morning and then doing weight training 3 evenings a week. I'm doing this until Rome in 3 weeks time. If it doesn't work, fuck it, I'll just have a curry (instead of the Chinese I had last night).

Time Traveller said...

:) it's good to start your resolutions early. Its too much pressure starting at the strike of 12 on New Years day.

Also if you start the gym now - yo ucan be one of those smug people who stares at all the new people in January :) only kidding.

Just do something you enjoy! You won't be able to keep it up otherwise!

Ella said...

I've kept it up thus far. I have one more week until Rome, that's my goal!